SRCS September Newsletter
WHAT MAKES COMSTOCK A GREAT SCHOOL?
- Dedicated and caring staff
- Safe campus utilizing Restorative Resources, BESTPlus, Safe School Ambassadors and “Chill Skills”
- Strong curriculum based on state adopted best practices with highly qualified teachers, integrating 21st century skills” and online learning. Online access available at home via internet, SmartPhone/ipod/tablet.
- Advanced integrated courses
- College preparation classes: AVID based Early College Magnet Prep partnering with Piner HS and SRJC
- A "G" Suite Google Apps multi-disciplinary school
- Free tutorial for all students with the after school program and other resources
- New up-to-date science labs
- "Maker" Elective Wheel includes music, art, conditioning, gardening, digital arts, performing arts, culinary arts
- Student Government and Leadership program
- Summer “Maker’s Camp”
- State of the art cardiovascular exercise room
- Read-a-thon; Novel writing
- School Plays
- Competitive sports and athletics
- Family Engagement Center
Comstock supports northwest Santa Rosa middle school students:
The Redwood Empire Food Bank will be distributing food at Comstock every Monday at 2:45 when school is in session. Please come to the main office. Everyone is welcome. Students can sign up for families to pick up food. In addition, we have donated items free for pick-up.